After you review the content below, please follow this link to the Application Form for the P.C. Rossin College of Engineering.
What are the minimum requirements for admission?
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field or a degree in technology at a recognized college, university or technical institution.
- An average GRE (Graduate Record Examination) score of 75th percentile in the Quantitative area. The GRE exam is mandatory for most programs in the ISE Department. We do not require the GRE subject test. Test results are valid for five years. We will use the most recent total test score.
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required for all applicants whose native language is not English. If the applicant received a degree in the United States this test is waived. The TOEFL report is only valid for two years from the date the test was taken. We use the totals from the most recent test scores taken, if taken more than one time.
- The iBT (Internet based TOEFL) minimum scores for Lehigh University P.C. Rossin College of Engineering are: Reading - 20; Listening - 15; Speaking - 20; Writing - 20. The minimum composite score total - 79.
- IELTS (now accepted at Lehigh University) minimum scores are: Reading – 6.5; Listening – 6.0; Speaking – 6.5; Writing – 6.0. The minimum overall score – 6.5. IELTS information can be found at ielts.org.
- Any student with one or more individual skill section scores below these targets may be required to take English as a Second Language (ESL) courses. The web site for ESL is: http://global.lehigh.edu/esl
- A GPA of at least 2.75 out of a 4.0 scale or earn a graduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a minimum of 12 hours of graduate work at other institutions.
- An unofficial transcript from each university attended should be uploaded to the portal. IF you are offered admission and accept the offer, only then is a final official transcript required to complete your file. All transcripts should be converted to the American 4.0 grading scale, if possible.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from qualified individuals to evaluate the applicant's academic achievement and potential for graduate studies.
Is there a checklist for completing the application?
All applicants for the ISE Department must submit the following before the application will be reviewed:
- Graduate Program Application (electronic) for the Industrial and Systems Engineering Department (ISE), filled out completely: https://www.applyweb.com/lehighg/index.ftl
- Application fee of $75, which is non-refundable and cannot be not waived.
- Two letters of Recommendation, available in an electronic version in the on line application.
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges & universities attended should be uploaded to the portal. Official final transcripts are required only if offered admission and accepting the offer.
- GRE score - official scores reported by ETS (Educational Testing Service) to Lehigh University.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (mandatory for all international students), - official scores reported by ETS (Educational Testing Service) or British Council directly to Lehigh University. If the applicant received a degree in the United States this test is waived. The TOEFL report is only valid for two years from the date the test was taken. We use the totals from the most recent test scores taken, if taken more than one time.
- Resume: list in reverse chronological order, education, employment (including summer work since secondary school) by University, Employer, Position/Grade, and Dates. Degrees earned with GPA should be noted on resume.
- Essay: On a separate sheet, provide a summary of your career objectives and work experience with reference to the chosen field of graduate study.
Could a part time student complete a degree in the ISE Department?
- There are a limited number of graduate classes offered during the 4:00-7:00 p.m. time slots. It is possible to take graduate classes on a part time basis while working full time.
What are the ISE Department graduate application deadlines?
- The deadline for the spring 2018 semester was December 1, 2017. Spring 2017 classes began on Monday, January 22, 2018.
- The deadline for the fall 2018 semester applications is July 15, 2018. The deadline for Ph.D. application or the 2018-2019 academic years was January 15, 2018.
- April 30 is the deadline for summer I session and May 30 is the deadline for summer II session. A summer start date is usually reserved for domestic students only. There are a very limited number of ISE graduate courses available over the summer.
What is the ISE Department mailing address?
The Industrial and Systems Engineering Department
Attn: Ms. Ana Quiroz
Mohler Lab, Room 421
200 W. Packer Avenue
Bethlehem, PA 18015-1518